Date - 16th January 2017
Time - 1pm
Location - Meeting room 1
Neil Blundred (NB) – CI FLM – Chairman
Paula Isteed (PI) – Stock Development Manager - Treasurer
Ruth Brown (RB) – HR Business Partner - Secretary
Pete Smith (PS) – Warehouse FLM – Vice Chairman
Marc Robinson (MR) – Hygiene Manager – Club Member
AGM to be held at 7pm on Monday 27th February 2017.
Refreshments will be made available and everyone encouraged to attend, bringing a fellow member along with them.
Meeting to take place on Wednesday 1st February 2017 @ 11am to ensure the finances are up to date and cross referenced against the bank statements.
Meeting to take place on Thursday 2nd February 2017 @ 1pm to prepare the agenda and ensure the letters inviting people along go out
Membership Cards / Discounts
Park this until after the AGM. We need more admin resource to support with pulling this together. This could be by way of club member or the Management group who will choose Sports & Social Club as a cabinet responsibility.
Ideally looking for a current member to volunteer 1 hour a week to support with the Admin of the Club.
Schedule of Events for the rest of the year
To close 2016:
- We sold 171 tickets for Panto which was a huge success
- Christmas prize draw – lots of great feedback. Need to consider secure storage for storage of prizes this year.
For 2017 we have:
Valentines Quiz Friday 17th February
- No teams formally registered as yet
- Venue, disco and food provisionally booked (exact numbers to be confirmed nearer the time and monies paid)
- Gary Thorley confirmed as quiz master
- Neil to ask Keith for support with producing the questions
- Neil to ask Karina if she could produce some good eye catching posters for us
- Paula will purchase some chocolates / valentines related prizes for quick fire rounds nearer the time and draw out the money needed for prizes
- Ruth to organise the drinks vouchers
Uttoxeter Midlands National 18th March
- Marc to engage Kenny and Uttoxeter to see if we can get any discounted tickets
- Marc to update Ruth asap so we can start to advertise
Darts Thursday 23rd March
- 10 seats sold out of 40
- Coach booked and will be paid nearer the time
Easter Prize Draw
- All to consider how / when we want to do this
- Ideas discussed, easter eggs / giant cookie / cupcakes / trip to local farm or Cadburys World
Golf Day (May 2017, exact date TBC)
- Suggested places Barlaston, Trentham, Newcastle, Burlsem, Wolstanton
- All to gather some info on costings and whether any of the above clubs could facilitate this
The above will cover the first 6 months – need to consider how much we have in the bank and be mindful of how much trips etc are costing us.
Ideas for the last 6 months of the year included:-
- Trentham Gardens Summer Concerts
- World Championship Snooker
- Pool Competition
- Darts Competition
- Quiz & BBQ
- Harry Potter
- 2 x theatre trips
- England Football
Discussion regarding asking Planning to support in facilitating colleagues with shift swaps etc to allow people to attend events – should this be clearer on comms materials.
Colleague Feedback / Induction
The slide is ready for the Colleague induction (just needs to be inserted)
Mechanism for gathering feedback to be considered (using the tablet etc)
Key objective this year is to encourage colleague participation and get people involved in supporting the running of the club. Brief to FLMs on facilitating colleagues in attending.
Currently 116 members
Auditing of the Club
RB to ask Adam who can complete this process for the club – chased up and awaiting update as we need to ensure an audit is complete asap.
Re – freshed notice board - Should we have our photos up alongside the jobs that we complete for the club. This would raise members awareness of how and who to submit any ideas or feedback to.
Theatre Dates – Ruth to display the possible options of theatre trips and ask people to vote for the ones they would be most interested in attending. The most popular 2 will be the ones we offer, along with the panto.
Central Drive – Ruth to create a central folder on the G Drive for Sports and Social Club minutes etc so we can all access.
Date of next meeting 27th February 2017 @ 7pm (incorporated meeting with AGM)