Date - 27th February 2017
Time - 1pm
Location - meeting room 1
Neil Blundred (NB) – CI FLM – Chairman
Paula Isteed (PI) – Stock Development Manager - Treasurer
Ruth Brown (RB) – HR Business Partner - Secretary
Jenny Yearwood (JY) – Warehouse FLM – S+S Club Member
Kat Brown (KB) – on site Gym Manager
Pete Smith (PS) – Warehouse FLM – Vice Chairman
Marc Robinson (MR) – Hygiene Manager – Club Member
AGM to be held at 7pm on Monday 27th February 2017.
Refreshments will be made available and everyone encouraged to attend, bringing a fellow member along with them.
4 S+S club members on shift, arrangements made so they can attend.
Membership Cards / Discounts
Park this until after the AGM. Give this to cabinet responsibility group to investigate, also investigate cheaper coach provider, room hire, and local discounts.
Ideally looking for a current member to volunteer 1 hour a week to support with the Admin of the Club.
This could tie in with Engagement and comms FLM
Schedule of Events for the rest of the year
For 2017 we have:
Valentines Quiz Friday 17th February
- Cancelled due to lack of teams questions
Uttoxeter Midlands National 18th March
- Marc to engage Kenny and Uttoxeter to see if we can get any discounted tickets
- Marc to update Ruth asap so we can start to advertise
- Nothing provided so far – too late to advertise - cancelled
Darts Thursday 23rd March
- 20 seats sold out of 40
- Coach booked and will be paid nearer the time
- Need to push this to sell all 40 tickets
Easter Prize Draw
- All to consider how / when we want to do this
- Ideas discussed, easter eggs / giant cookie / cupcakes / trip to local farm or Cadburys World
Golf Day (May 2017, exact date TBC)
- Suggested places Barlaston, Trentham, Newcastle, Burlsem, Wolstanton
- All to gather some info on costings and whether any of the above clubs could facilitate this
- Ruth and Pete to provide update at next meeting
- RB published 3 shows on notice board to see who would be interested in them.
- Decided to go with Sister Act 10th May £25.50 tickets ( £20) members
- Grease 26th May £23 tickets ( £18 members)
The above will cover the first 6 months – need to consider how much we have in the bank and be mindful of how much trips etc are costing us.
Ideas for the last 6 months of the year included:-
- Trentham Gardens Summer Concerts – list available 01/03/2017
- Pool Competition
- Darts Competition
- Quiz, need to think about if we run this.
- Harry Potter
Discussion regarding asking Planning to support in facilitating colleagues with shift swaps etc to allow people to attend events – should this be clearer on comms materials.
Colleague Feedback / Induction
The slide is ready for the Colleague induction (just needs to be inserted)
Mechanism for gathering feedback to be considered (using the tablet etc)
Key objective this year is to encourage colleague participation and get people involved in supporting the running of the club. Brief to FLMs on facilitating colleagues in attending.
Currently 118 members
Auditing of the Club
RB to ask Adam who can complete this process for the club – chased up and awaiting update as we need to ensure an audit is complete asap.
Re – freshed notice board - Should we have our photos up alongside the jobs that we complete for the club. This would raise members awareness of how and who to submit any ideas or feedback to.
JY – other trips to consider, Drayton Manor, Alton Towers, Casino night, Murder Mystery night, Escape rooms, Flip out, Outdoor events, Paintballing, Go Karting
KB – Could you purchase gifts / prizes / days out through groupon?
Date of next meeting 10th April 2017 @ 1pm Meeting room 1